Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Ten Stories of 2008



Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Yeah, everyone is doing "top ten" and "best of 2009" posts right now but I didn't get the idea until I read the post at That Mutt yesterday. For this blog, the top ten posts from 2009 are:

10. The Pitcher With One Arm

9. Top Ten Phil Jackson Quotes

8. The State of the NHL -- thank you Casey of Bringing Hockey Back and Pittsburg Penguins Analysis

7. Top 5 Sports Songs

6. Notes on Golf Style

5. Meet Brittney Griner (Female Athlete of Today) -- thank you Rob Mars of the Athletic Women Blog

4. Remarkable Athletes

3. The Girl Who Struck Out Babe Ruth

2. 5 Questions With Lisa Guerrero

1. Manchester United defeats Newcastle United 5-1

The number one must certainly have to do with the Cristiano Ronaldo pic I chose for it. I had noticed some time ago that this day was getting plenty of hits so I gave it an update added more content as it was a very short post to start. I do have to give an honorable mention to So What If He Cried? since I know it had a plethora of hits. At that time, my counter was not working correctly.

Thank you again to my readers, guest posters, commenters, and all of you that make this blog possible! It has been a blast so far and I'm excited to see where we go next!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see what ideas you have for 2009. You know what I love about your blog? You post every single day. There's nothing worse than visiting a blog and the first line is something like, "sorry I haven't written in awhile."

I hadn't read all of these top ten posts, so this was a good way to show them off for those of us who may have missed some. I don't remember reading the top 5 sports songs, for example.

I loved your post on the girl who struck out Babe Ruth.

Happy New Year!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks Lindsay, yeah - the "haven't posted in a while" isn't my favorite thing to read either.

Happy New Year to you also!

Lindsay said...

Oh and thanks for the link! :)

Apryl DeLancey said...

Well, I really did get the idea from you!