Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wild World of Wednesday - December 31, 2008



Oh, and today's video pretty much has nothing to do with the following post. This just remains to be one of my favorites that I have ever used.

MLB: The wildest thing that I can think of so far is that the McCourts have not re-signed Manny Ramirez yet. He should have been inked the day the season ended. Those rumors of being relieved of the burden that is Andruw Jones are totally bogus too. They let Brad Penny go to Boston also...Boston of all freaking places! What the heck!? Are the McCourts in cahoots with the Red Sox since that is where they were originally from? This is why I hate outsiders coming to my city and messing it up. Don't act like this is a novel idea either. I've traveled around the country only to find that people weren't happy of my mere presence in their city or state. I'm happy to let everyone enjoy my beautiful hometown...just stop ruining my teams! Argh!

NFL: If you could hear just how hard I am laughing at the fact that the Patriots are missing the post-season you would think I was having a seizure. I'll just leave it at that. Clearly the best "gotcha" story belongs to Chad Pennington. Don't get me wrong, I do like Brett Favre. I am a bit disappointed that he came out of retirement, but I still respect him. The Jets basically threw Pennington away and he led the previously laugable Dolphins to a playoff berth against his former team and said legend. Talk about vindication. You go, Chad!

Today in Sports History


1897
- Charles H. Ebbets, team treasurer, purchased controlling interest of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

1967 - The Packers beat the Cowboys 21-17 in the NFL championship game with the temperature a balmy -13F. All remember the game as the Ice Bowl today.

No comments: