Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Sports Wrap - November 23, 2008



Seriously, as cliché as this sounds, I really cannot believe it is already November! I have some time off next week and then quite a bit next month that I will be spending catching up on my golfing. I haven't picked up a club in over a month and I think I'll be seriously embarrassed the next time I try. Time to get in some practice at the range. Pardon the ranting, the Sunday Sports Wrap is not intended to be about me waxing poetic about the coming end of the year or to complain about my golf game. There is a time and place for that...

NBA: The Los Angeles Lakers are still on fire and look to really have a strong record after the next nine games. Today they play the Kings here at Staples. I'd like to take this moment to thank Andrew Bynum for being THE MAN! Woohoo!

College Hoops: There are more women's and men's hoops today that I could possibly talk about. I'm too distracted by the NFL and NBA to have paid much attention to the NCAA yet so I'll just say "Go Pac 10"!

Today in Sports History

1988
- Wayne Gretzky scores his 600th NHL goal

1991 - Sacramento Kings end the NBA's longest road losing streak at 43 games

1997
- Annika Sorenstam wins ITT LPGA Tour Championship


Happy Birthday to You


Jonathan Papelbon, MLB pitcher (Boston Red Sox)

Reggie Green, NFL guard (Seattle Seahawks)

Jamie Sharper, linebacker (Baltimore Ravens)

Malik Rose, NBA forward (New York "Nicks")

Tora Suber, WNBA guard (Charlotte Sting)

4 comments:

Doret said...

I just can not get into the NBA anymore. Stop watching when the Knicks kept on drafting guards. The best of out 7 in first series game is way too long. And Oklahoma with an NBA team is just weird. When I think Oklahoma I think college sports. What do fans do when a team leaves? Do you watch poker on T.V.?
You forget the K in Nicks but as bad as they are they don't deserve the K.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Hee, hee - I was being silly like they were a bunch of guys named "Nick"! You caught me! I'll put quotations so the joke is maybe more prevalent.

Yeah - a team in Oklahoma - I'm not so sure!

Poker is very hard for me to watch on television. I just can't get into it.

Lindsay said...

Wow, 600 goals is impressive! I'd be impressed with 60!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Ha! No doubt!