Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Charles Barkley Should Overcome His Shyness



Many find Charles Barkley to be an amusing character. He's got one interesting golf swing (see video above - Tiger Woods does a pretty funny impersonation of it as well) and he just lets those opinions flow. Most recently, he's been talking trash about LeBron James. (I know Carolyn, I know.) LeBron didn't take this lightly and fired back at Barkley. Ah, NBA feuds.

Here are some more on the opinions of Charles Barkley:

His personality overshadows his talent according to some

His issues with Allen Iverson

I even found a whole blog dedicated to Barkley quotes. It's a shame it hasn't been updated in over a year...

Here is another compilation of some real gems. Many are quite infuriating but they are mostly quite sad.

Sometimes, you just have to wonder...

5 comments:

Doret said...

I've heard about Barkley's golf swing but to see it is something else. I don't like or hate Barkley, I am pretty much whatever with him. However I do respect that he is who he is, and he doesn't try to change or hide it. I am actually not bothered by the quotes, since they are barely slices of what was said. I agree what Barkley said about Le Bron James. Either way you feel about Barkley who got to give him points for being a good sport about his golf swing.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah - he is totally in on the fact that he has the world's worst golf swing. What is amazing is that he even makes contact!

I don't like or hate him either...he just is...

Carolyn Hastings said...

When my oldest daughter was much younger, she wanted to know whether all sorts of things were good or bad. Most of the time, like Doret above, I would answer "it just is."

Every once in a while, though, my answer would be "this is a topic which does not require an opinion."

Which I urge LeBron to substitute for "you're stupid."

Lindsay said...

I liked the video of Barkley's swing. It was funny to see Tiger Woods do an impersonation of it! Ha!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Carolyn - yes, some things just are! I wished LeBron would have taken that approach as well.

Lindsay - I really love how Tiger knows how to make fun of others AND himself. My only question is why Charles doesn't actually get a swing coach and fix it! If I can afford a golf lesson here and there why can't he?