Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Visualizing Goals



Although I'm under the physician's orders to stay out of the rougher surf for now it doesn't mean I can't at least watch others in it. Yesterday I spent a little time at one of my favorite more advanced breaks to keep my goals in sight. There are some really talented surfers out there on any given day like some of those I caught on camera above. That will be me. Soon. This year.

In the meantime, I'll be good about healing the knee and stick to the gentler breaks. The MRI was yesterday and I find out the results next Wednesday. I've been told that it could be something with the cartilage that could keep me out of the water for about 90 days. The bright side is that at least it's during the colder water months. That should be the worst case so keep your fingers crossed for me.

On a really exciting note, my five year old niece is dying to learn to surf. She's athletic, an awesome swimmer, and has nerves of steel. As soon as I can I'm going to get her out there and pass on the stoke. She's gonna rip!

So Happy New Year everyone! Have a great weekend, a great outlook for 2010, and may all of your goals be reached!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It is so hard for me not to run when I am injured. I'm sure it is equally hard for you not to be able to golf or surf the way you want to. I hope you are back to normal sooner than predicted. And I hope you are feeling better (that goes for the cold and your knee).

That should be so much fun teaching your niece to surf! You are the coolest aunt I know!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks! The MRI says the knee isn't so bad and I'm almost done with the cold so I should be back in action this weekend. I hope!

I hope my niece thinks I'm cool too!