Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Golf Fitness



One of my fitness goals is to increase my golf driving distance and to keep it consistent. Yes, I need to work on my short game as well but the closer you get the ball to the pin means the less shots you have to take to get in. Right?

There are many sources for golf and fitness online and several books have been written on the topic. A couple of my favorite golf bloggers have some detailed information about fitness as it relates to golf in recent days:

Ruthless Golf

Orlando Golf Blogger

For now, my fitness routine focuses on cardio and upper body strength since the two sports I participate in most rely on it. A new piece that was just given to me yesterday is exercises to strengthen my knee. Fortunately I have the equipment at home to do everything. I've got to move a few things around and get the right plan together and I'll post my new routine soon and you can all flame it, make suggestions, tell me I'm doing it wrong, tell me you like it, or whatever.

What is your favorite source for golf fitness information?

8 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog, Apryl. Conveniently, I have a favor to ask...

Next week I'm going to start a series on how people can develop a fitness program they can stick with, and I want to include a link to the posts you did earlier about your eating, visualization, and goal setting ideas. Could you do a single post combining all the links, so I can include it in my first post? I'm going to start the series next Tuesday.

If you have your routine posted by then, I'll include that link as well. Otherwise, I can include it in a later post.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Hey Mike, no problem! I can synthesize everything in my routine post either tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for all the links and info Mike!

Mike said...

Great... thanks!

Heather Kerrigan said...

Maybe I should work on a fitness program rather than music videos! lol

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah but your music videos are so entertaining!

Lindsay said...

I'm excited to see your fitness plan. It is so helpful ot actually put something in writing. If I don't do that, I never stick to it.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks! The whole shebang will be up tomorrow morning! :)

kokogirl said...

I agree that Heather's music videos are more entertaining than fitness plans. :)