Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tales From The Twitterscape - June 23, 2009



Yes, it took me a while but some of you (and you know who you are) drug me kicking and screaming into Twitter. I have yet to update my status with something like "I just had blueberry pancakes" and will continue to use that discretion! In fact, there are a few golf pros I'm thinking of taking off my list because that is the only sort of thing I ever see from them. Who cares?

What I find more interesting is the companies that interact with their consumers. Many OEMs and after-market retailers are on Twitter and have people dedicated to talking to the consumers every day. Great idea. I know that most people in my office have several windows of the internet open as they work, usually with one tab being Facebook and another being Twitter.

One cool company I recently found is in the Midwest and called Fun Outfitters. They have trivia contests on Twitter quite often and a YouTube channel with videos describing the products that they carry. The company carries snowmobiling, wakeboarding, and water skiing gear and other accessories. They've got a sense of humor too as evident from the video today that was lifted from their channel.

Another fun company to follow is Ogio. They also have contests rather frequently. They just gave away a golf bag yesterday. I'm a huge fan of their golf bags and use one now but didn't win a new one. Darn.

Who do you like to follow on Twitter?

No comments: