Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Sports Wrap - May 31, 2009



Can you believe that May is over? Where is 2009 going?

Condolences: Although I wasn't rooting for their team, I must send my condolences to fans of the Cavs (that's you C, please don't take it too hard). The Magic simply outplayed them and wanted it more. Period. The really amusing thing for me is that at the end of the 3rd period a friend from Florida was already talking trash about the Magic vs. Lakers series. I'm just hoping they stop showing those creepy Kobe and LeBron puppet commercials. I wonder what Jerry West is saying now. Oh yeah, probably something to the effect of "one man does not a team make", I'm sure.

Not Enough Attention: I really have not heard much about hockey at all lately since the Ducks were removed from contention. I did notice that an important game was televised last night at the same time the Magic vs. Cavs game was on. Last night the Red Wings took game one against the defending champ Pens. Tonight is game two. I quite enjoy hockey myself but really feel that the sport doesn't get enough attention.

Soccer Sunday: Tune in to Fox Soccer Channel today and see the Boston Breakers face Sky Blue FC. Kelly Smith of the Breakers is tied with the Los Angeles Sol's Marta for most goals in the league. The Sol have the top spot in the standings right now followed by the Breakers.

Today In Sports History

1937 - Brooklyn Dodgers snap NY Giant Carl Hubbell's 24-game winning streak

1985
- The New Orleans Saints are sold for $70,204,000

No comments: