Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wild World of Wednesday - March 4, 2009



The Manny Yo-Yo: I get on the computer last night to find breaking news that Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers have come to an agreement. Next, someone claims it was just a rumor. A little later it is confirmed. Afterward, Scott Boras says there is no deal. I wake up this morning and the news says he is almost signed. What the heck? The Manny Ramirez yo-yo, roller coaster, merry-go-round, or whatever you want to call it is becoming more than annoying. I almost started feeling like I should be on the McCourt's side for this...until the terms of the contract they offered came out. Yeah, Franky thought that he had the public's backing until his true, cheap colors came out. Are you out of money? Is this why you keep jacking up prices? I have an idea - don't build that freaking mall at Chavez Ravine.

Poll: Click here and answer a poll on what you would spend on golf clothing and accessories.

Raffle: Click here to find out how to win a free t-shirt from Your Scrumhalf Connection. This site is dedicated to women's rugby.


Today in Sports History

1968 - Joe Frazier TKOs Buster Mathis in 11 for heavyweight boxing title

1995 - George Foreman loses WBA boxing title, refusing to fight Tony Tucker

2009 - Frank McCourt, Scott Boras, and Manny Ramirez invite me to be their 4th at Riviera and help them work out their issues, ending in a happy day for everyone. The guys all have an agreement they can live with and I shoot a 72. (I can dream, right? This is my blog)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well you can guess who participated in the raffle to win a free shirt! Thanks!

Apryl DeLancey said...

I'm guessing that the person I thought of when I posted the link is the one who entered. Hope you win!

Doret said...

To own a team, you should have to take a test and be of a certain age, any idiot millonaire shouldn't be able to own a team. They will run it into the ground. Especially when it was daddy's or mommy's money and they didn't even have to earn it.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Ha! I love that idea.