Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Basketball Overload



I know that you must have seen the ESPN magazine cover with Candace Parker by now, haven't you? ESPN has been covering women in sports for the month of March and say they planned to have Candace on the cover before her pregnancy was announced publicly. I think she looks quite radiant and find the headline a bit odd - how "big" can she get? Interesting play on words.

The Los Angeles Lakers secured their spot in the postseason this week. Did anyone ever have a doubt? Oh, and just in case you are a die-hard fan of the team, please refrain from wearing green on St. Paddy's day. We all know that wearing green is completely unacceptable. I'll be wearing Lakers team colors myself.

In case you need to get your March Madness bracketing on - here are some links:

ESPN

Yahoo! Sports

CBS Sports

Doc's Sports

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I lived the Candace Parker article. I love it that she is rocking basketball and motherhood.

I just wish the sound on my computer was working so that I could hear her singing "Rocky Top".

Apryl DeLancey said...

She definitely rocks and it's a shame you can't hear it - she does the whole song!