Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Who Inspires You? The Splash Award



Doret gave me this Splash Award and it definitely made my morning. Thank you! Now I must pass it on:

The Rules:

1) Put the logo on your blog/post.
2) Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress, or inspire you.
3) Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5) Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award.

Here are the blogs that are must reads for me and allure, amuse, bewitch, impress, or inspire me. Guess what, they aren't all sports:

1. That Mutt - I love how dedicated Lindsay is to animal care. She fosters dogs, advocates rescue, and has informative content. She even lets me guest post every now ant then!

2. Golfgal - Gayle interviews interesting personalities and always makes me laugh. When I read her material, I can picture her smiling since she really seems to enjoy herself.

3. and 4. Pretty Tough - What can I say about this site except that it is awesome! This is truly a premier women's sports information source. Jane is also one of the masterminds behind the Women Talk Sports Network.

5. And One - Carolyn's basketball addiction and LeBron James obsession is fun to read about. This wordsmith finds some of the most interesting content around hoops.

6. Real Women Golf - Heather's post are always amusing and she's dead serious about her game. I'm always stoked to see when a new post has popped up from her in my reader.

So that's it. No pressure to anyone to continue the chain but I thought it would be fun. I may not even get around to commenting...hmm...

At any rate, I've included another inspiration in my life with today's video - Annika Sorenstam. I aspire to have not only her game, but her grace.

There are many other sports figures that inspire and impress me...like everyone on the Southern California Breakers women's football team - this tightly-knit group are as diverse as they are talented. Each woman on the team has a remarkable story - there are teachers, mothers, triathletes, and so much more. I'm so honored to be invited to report on the sidelines and get to know them. In fact, look for game coverage starting next month!

Who inspires you?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thank you! I didn't expect an award!

I will have to check out the other blogs you mentioned. I've been introduced to most of them from past posts you've done, but I don't know if I've visited And One. I'm off to check it out now.

Thanks for the link, too.

Apryl DeLancey said...

You're welcome! Keep up the great work!