Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Blogspotting - March 6, 2009



The WPS Skort: The addition of the skort as a part of the uniform for women's soccer has garnered many opinions around the web. Being one that has played a sport or two over the years in a skort I didn't find it so upsetting but others don't feel as I do. They are a staple in tennis and golf and if made right work for other sports as well (I've even skateboarded and done inline skating in one). However, some find that putting women in this fashion item offensive. That is one of the great things about our world - we are all allowed to have our opinion and voice them. We can even agree to disagree. I just didn't realize that everyone would be so upset about this piece of clothing.

On another note in soccer - I found this post about our team in Los Angeles.

WWE
: Rob Mars points out that however silly we may find WWE, you can't deny that the women involved are exceptional athletes. So true! Check out his post about one such athlete, Gail Kim.

Around The World
: After Atalanta has this post that takes us around the world in women's sports - soccer in Turkey, cricket in Australia, and awards in Switzerland.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the skort. I think I would feel sexy wearing one and I think others look great in them. Still, I can see why some people hate skorts and their point that women shouldn't have to try to feel sexy all the time, like when working out. Ugh... I'm torn.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah, it is one that really has more than one angle to it.