Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

YouTube Sports Channels



More and more sports organizations have a dedicated YouTube channel that fans can subscribe to. Much of this content can only be found on the internet even if the outlet has a dedicated television or cable broadcast network. I've updated my subscriptions to include more channels and thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

Interestingly enough, I found today's video of Candace Parker on the NBA Channel. You can find WNBA videos on their site as well as their own dedicated YouTube channel.

The LPGA and PGA each have their own channel as does the WPS. For the cyclists - REI has an informative channel that gives biking "how to" videos. For you rugby fans - Your Scrumhalf Connection has a channel dedicated to the sport. Some really good action sports channels are Roxy, Patagonia, and The North Face. I've also found interesting surf channels like Surf Goggles, Surf Osiris, ASP World Tour, and Billabong USA. Of course ESPN has a channel too.

Yes, I have a channel as well that I will be uploading Southern California Breakers video to as the season progresses.

What are your favorite YouTube channels?

4 comments:

PrettyTough said...

If you like college sports, Stanford Athletics has a great channel with lots of vids featuring their female athletes!

http://www.youtube.com/user/stanfordathletics

Apryl DeLancey said...

Nice, thanks for the info!

Mai said...

I think that one of great sports for women is Aikido.
It is a martial arts that can be highly used for self-defendant.
I created a video for an aikido class at cal state university northridge.
Please check it out if you want to see what the aikido is :)

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjQ9LsuMjE&feature=channel_page

Thank you

Mai

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks for the link Mai!