Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Sports Wrap - April 12, 2009



In case you're new here - Sunday Sports Wrap was first created with the intention to point out that there is much more to Sundays than just the NFL. This Sunday is no exception. I also throw in some sports history with each of these posts.

The Usual: All seasons collide during this month as evident by MLB, NBA, and NHL games that are happening. These mainstream events can always be found summarized on the USA Today sports scores page. I'm itching to go to a baseball game and opening day for the home team is tomorrow. I've already got my first new shirt for the season also, as if I needed another.

Masters: The final day of the Masters has Angel Cabrera and Kenny Perry on top at eleven under. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are among a group of nine that are four under. In a matter of hours we'll know who will be wearing the green jacket. I'm a fan of Tiger Woods but I think it makes things more interesting when others win. It isn't that I'm rooting against him at all but I really do like to see the field more evenly dispersed.

Footy: Yes, I've been ignoring the Premier League for far too long. Two games happen today although none of the league leaders. It's no surprise that Manchester United is on top although Liverpool is close behind. I really miss the days when I would sit at my desk working and have soccer on the television all day because I am seriously behind.

Today In Sports History

1961 - Douglas MacArthur declines an offer to become the MLB commissioner

1964 - 28th Golf Masters Championship: Arnold Palmer wins by shooting a 276. This would be his 4th green jacket win.

No comments: