Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Don't Do It Brett!!



Okay, the rumors are now in full swing and ESPN is reporting over and over about a possible return to football for Brett Favre. Allthough I’m not in Green Bay and am not a Packers fan I did develop a great deal of respect and admiration for Brett Favre over the years. As a football fan, the thought of him returning just coats a layer of cheese over his entire career. Sorry to say, but it would sour his legacy for me. For example, I have all the respect in the world for Michael Jordan but his stint playing with the Wizards was just really absurd in my view.

Fans that were interviewed in Green Bay were mostly supportive of the prospect of Favre’s return. No kidding. Green Bay = Football. Brett Favre continued to bring attention to this city and without him, it will take time for them to reach that higher level they’re accustomed to. Is there anything else to do in Green Bay? I’ve never been there so someone will have to let me know on that one.

I’m begging and pleading with you, Brett. Stay retired. If you’re bored playing golf, come out here to Southern California. There are plenty of great courses to keep you busy. Better yet, do the Steve Young or Troy Aikman and get an analyst job. I bet you look sharp in a suit.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah, what does he have to prove anyway? We all know he was a great player and probably still is. I haven't followed this enough to know what the real motivation is for him. Money? Publicity? The love of the game? I hope it's the love of the game. But he could use his talents elsewhere.

Apryl DeLancey said...

He would really be great as a coach and mentor to young athletes. It seems like he really loves the game.

DJ said...

I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me on this.

http://lombardiave.com/2008/07/03/hey-espn-stfu/

My humble opinion on this...

Apryl DeLancey said...

Totally DJ, thanks for stopping by!