Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

NFL Trading Fun



Yeah, I often find trades amusing. I remember way back in the day when I was a child and players “stayed with their teams forever”. When Joe Montana went to the Chiefs it was absolutely horrible. A franchise player like Joe didn’t often jump ship like that. Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith were always Cowboys. Barry Sanders was always a Lion. Dan Marino retired a Dolphin. Today you just don’t see so much of that. Of course, I can see Peyton Manning staying a Colt, but otherwise I’m not so sure…

The most interesting trade over the last few days has to be that of Jeremy Shockey headed to New Orleans. Some Saints fans are a bit perplexed about the whole thing. (It’s OK Nola, deep breaths…deep breaths…everything will be just fine…) It will certainly be interesting to see how this pans out down there. Will his attitude calm down? Can he possibly fit in with the fan favorites? I would bet that Saints fans will be a bit torn but eventually welcome him…unless he starts talking too much…

Jason Taylor got his way and is out of Miami. He’ll now be in a Washington Redskins uniform. No offense to either team…but I’d rather live in Miami. DC is cool, but that’s just the problem. I’m too much of a sun-lover to live where snow falls. At any rate it will be interesting to see how he performs. Will he be too busy traveling to New York to pursue a modeling or film career? Will he be able to concentrate on the game? Only time will tell.

Speaking of time…time seems to heal all wounds if you’re Chad Johnson. I heard an interview with Carson Palmer on AM 570 KLAC the other day and he says that things are going great with Ocho Cinco. It wasn’t too long ago that Johnson was calling his team out on ESPN and everywhere else that would give him air time. Hopefully he’s rehabbed his physical and emotional injuries and can move on. Palmer sounded like he was ready to get on with the season and had plenty of nice things to say about his home state.

I’m sure there will be more trade shenanigans in the weeks before the season starts! Can you smell it!?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It won't be long and the season will be starting up again. Can you believe it? I kind of measure time by what sports season it is.

Apryl DeLancey said...

How funny, I measure time the same way.