Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yes, Fitness Rocks



I was feeling very lazy this morning. You see, it is one of our California winter mornings where the temperature is less than optimal. I really wanted to stay in my warm bed for a little bit longer. (I won't mention the actual number to save being flamed by my mid-western and northeastern friends.)

At any rate, I dragged myself out of bed and got on the stationary bike. Now I am so glad that I got my workout in! Not only am I awake, but I know this feeling will last the rest of the day. For me, I get drowsy around 3:00 pm if I don't exercise in the morning.

I just have to get over that bit of hesitation that gets into my head and I can get going. I know that is a tough thing to do for many - myself included. Trust me, as motivated as I am I still have very lazy moments. For me, it is easy to bounce back because I really despise the way I feel when I haven't exercised in a few days.

My endurance is really getting very good! When I walked the Riviera and its many steep inclines over the weekend I never got winded even once. When I say steep, I mean STEEP. Just look at that video from yesterday that shows the clubhouse. That is a paved walk or stairs to get up there and it is a really sharp incline at some places.

There is still plenty of room for more people to join the Twitter Trim Up Challenge that was started by my bud Lisa. We all harass each other when we slip and are full of encouraging words.

It's never too late to start getting in shape.

No comments: