Thursday, February 11, 2010
A Detour Day On My Fitness Journey
Talk about unmotivated - I am seriously the epitome of it this morning.
There are a number of reasons:
* The bloodhound interrupted my sleep at 1:30 am
* It is the coldest time of year in SoCal (yes, I would shrivel up and die in the Midwest)
* I haven't been able to surf since last Wednesday
* I've been working many 12 hour days in a row
* I haven't taken a proper vacation in well over a year
* and so on...and so on...
We all have things that make motivate us. We all have things that provide roadblocks and challenges.
I know that I'll snap out of this fog and get stoked about fitness and meeting my TTUC goals again very soon. This will most likely happen tomorrow. At the very least, I know that I can surf on Saturday and that will fix a lot.
The good news - no matter how unmotivated I get, I always stick to my eating plan. I always have. Fortunately, I've never used eating as a comforting or consoling activity. In fact, I have stuck to my "no salt" goal.
How do you stay motivated?