Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Housekeeping



*CONTEST UPDATE* Yes, the HEAD contest is over. Yes, there are three winners. I am figuring out the details and will contact you soon if you have won. I promise.

It's That Time Again:
Tryouts for the Southern California Breakers IWFL team start this weekend. If you want more information visit the Breakers website or email them at info(at)socalbreakersfootball(dot)com.

Walk Around The World: Fitness Magazine wants to see if we can walk around the world:

"The idea is for participants to log every mile he or she walks, record the number on the Fitness.com website, and hopefully, all participants’ cumulative miles will reach the target of 24,901 (the circumference of the earth) within 31 days."

Are you in?

*Fitness Magazine sent me this information to post but did not pay me to do so. They did say they would link to my site, an arrangement we've had for other posts in the past.*

Get Crackin': I received word of another interesting campaign and contest that I thought I'd pass along to you. This information landed in my inbox and I have not been paid anything to post it. It came to me from the new Get Crackin' pistachio campaign:

“Get Crackin,’” the first-ever TV campaign for pistachios, features eight celebrities demonstrating how they crack open a pistachio, each in their own humorous, unique way.

Featured celebrities include Miss South Carolina beauty pageant contestant and YouTube sensation Lauren Caitlin Upton; America’s Next Top Model beauty Adrianne Curry and Brady Bunch alum husband Christopher Knight; Jackass prankster Wee-Man; The Sopranos gangster Vincent Pastore; the Denny quintuplets; a real-life dominatrix; father of Sarah Palin’s grandchild, Levi Johnston; and Olympic swimmer and record-setting medalist Dara Torres.

The campaign supports a YouTube video contest challenging aspiring film makers to create a video showing how they “Get Crackin.’” The winner’s ad will air on national TV and also earn them $25K – a pretty wonderful deal.

We hope you’ll check out the new ads and contest online.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Apryl,

Do you think Dara is too old for me?

Apryl DeLancey said...

I don't know, she's in great shape...

Lindsay said...

Is she too old for me? :)

I like that walk around the world idea. Since I keep track of my miles anyway, maybe I'll sign up.

Apryl DeLancey said...

I had a feeling that you would be interested in that!