Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

De-Stressing For The Summer



When I started this blog over two years ago I posted every day of the week - including weekends. At about 1.5 years in I decided to give myself a break and take the weekends off. Now I'm thinking of de-stressing my life a bit more.

First, I'm doing away with the regular features on a particular day. I used to do 5 questions every Monday where I would interview an interesting athlete, blogger, or other sports-related guest. That evolved a bit to the Monday 5 where I would have these interviews, lists, and anything else in bits of five. Now I'm just going to write whatever moves me on Mondays. I might have something to do with the number 5 and I might not.

That doesn't mean I'm doing away with interviews. I will just post them on whichever day makes the most sense. (Yes, that means I will get some more interviews up eventually.)

Likewise for the other "regular" or "quasi-regular" features I have had.

In addition, I might not post every single weekday and I am going to take some time off at the end of this month.

I want to concentrate on more quality as opposed to quantity. There will still be posts about "my own fandom" as on person described my writing as. There will also be my reflections of golf rounds, surf sessions, yoga classes, and other activities I am engaged in.

At this point I feel that I really need to relax, remove stress, and enjoy the outdoors. I want to spend more of my summer mornings surfing, golfing, or hiking and less behind the computer writing.

Let's see how this goes! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I feel the same way about my own life! Looking forward to seeing the positive changes to your blog! I'm taking next week off! Woo! We're going camping in Montana. No internet :)

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks Lindsay! I appreciate your continued support & comments.

Have a great time on your vacation! Is this the one you are taking Ace with you?