Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

5 Things I Love About The Weekends



1. The Surf: One of my favorite spots was more crowded than I had ever seen but nothing compared to the video above. I moved on to another spot and was in the water for 3 hours hanging with a new surf bud. Even though we didn't catch many waves we had a blast. We were at the same spot that I had two pretty bad wipeouts at in the last year so I spent some time just getting my nerve back up. Sometimes I'm a big baby but I still manage to have fun.

2. The Sun/The Weather: It seems as though our El Nino winter is finally letting us go and it's warming up more consistently. I know, we're incredibly spoiled here in SoCal. It makes it that much harder when the sun doesn't come out or the wind really picks up.

3. The Produce: I went to a BBQ over the weekend at a longtime friend's place that so happens to be on the same land as this wonderful produce farm. The property owners crashed the party long enough to tell us that they have an overabundance of apricots and to please go raid a specific area in particular. Well, they didn't have to tell us twice. Not only did we get apricots; but oranges, avocados, and lemons. I had all but the latter with my breakfast this morning. Yum! It's so awesome to be able to eat something that you picked from the tree yourself. Talk about fresh!

4. So Much To Choose From: Surfing one day and out on a farm the next. That's pretty awesome in my book. This week I'm letting the weekend creep into my work week a little. I'm going for nine holes one morning before I hit the office and going surfing after work another day.

5. What's not to love?
I can't think of anything. Even if it rains on the weekend (which it doesn't do too much this time of year) there are still plenty of things to do.

Yes, this is another "I love SoCal post".

No comments: