Monday, May 3, 2010
Time Off Is Good For Your Health (aka 5 Thinks I Did On My Week Off)
As most of you know, I took last week off from the day job and put up ridiculously thin posts with some interesting videos. Time off is good for you! I work a lot of hours and am rarely idle. This makes it difficult to wind down at times but I managed okay. Here's my week in a nutshell:
1. Woke up when I felt like it: I still am an early riser but it feels much better when you aren't jarred by the alarm clock.
2. Doctor visits: Not only did I hit the sports med doctor, physical therapy, and acupuncture; but I went to a nerve specialist. Awesome. I totally didn't expect to spend that much time going to deal with my neck/shoulder. Nothing has changed yet. Oh, I also hit the dermatologist to check a few spots on my face. They were nothing to worry about!
3. Exercise: Although I didn't get to do as much as I would have liked my exercise last week wasn't the epic fail that the gents in the video are expressing.
4. Kept eating well: My big "living it up" moment was having 2 small corn tortillas. Woo. On Saturday I was at a buffet and had quite a bit of crab legs but nothing too wild. I have no problem sticking with my eating plan and I credit this with keeping my goals within reach.
5. Got pickled with pals: Boy, did I. I had quite a bit of Belgian beer. Plenty of it. The best part - I spent time with friends old and new having a great time. Staycationing can be fun!