Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wild World of Wednesday - November 4, 2009



Cold Water Classic California: The O'Neill Cold Water Classic California is in Santa Cruz this week. You can catch live action online here. That reminds me of something a few friends and I used to do some years ago. We'd leave SoCal on a Friday night, sleep on a local's couch/floor, and wake up to surf Steamer Lane. Ah, those were the days.

Ski: Skier Grete Eliassen has a cool new video out. I was sent this teaser but don't have much other info about it. Even her website only has the video. Stay tuned.

Can I Just Say: I love scaring my fellow surfers, divers, and swimmers in the water. I especially love freaking those out who try to tell me that they just saw a shark because they are trying to make me nervous. That said, check out this picture. Now go take a swim. Haha!


Today In Sports History

1955 -Baseball Hall of Famer Cy Young dies at age 88

1988 - First NBA game at Charlotte Coliseum - Hornets lose to Cavs, 133-93

Happy Birthday Steve Mariucci

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha! You would try to scare your friends! I like the shark picture.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Haha! Of course, I love freaking people out in the water. Muahahaha!