Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tales From The Inbox - Newsletter Nips



It must have been newsletter day because I seemed to get a boatload of stuff yesterday!

WPS: The San Francisco area is now slated to have a franchise for the 2009 inaugural season. There are now two franchises on the West Coast with the other being here in Los Angeles. This league will allow fans to see some of their favorite soccer Olympians that lifted the US over Brazil for the gold. Don’t forget, the WPS Top Town Video Challenge is still going on until September 30.

Los Angeles Dodgers: Manny Ramirez was announced as the NL Player of the Month. No kidding. It’s easy to stand out from the crowd when you’re the eagle in a flock of turkeys that is the NL West. Don’t get me wrong, Manny is awesome. I just know he’ll likely leave after this year and Frank McCourt will simply be patting himself on the back for even having him here for a short time. Yeah, I know…bitter, party of one…

Golf: Alright, this one got a chuckle out of me. In Golf We Trust has a copy of the ultrasound for Elin Woods. It looks like Tiger’s next cub will be a chip off the old block. (Did I just say cub? Argh!)

Life Rolls On: LRO needs your help to win a 10,000 donation. Watch the video and click to vote from now until Saturday, September 6. You can return every day and vote for the video. Don’t forget about the upcoming Night By The Ocean event on Sunday, October 12.


Oh yeah, Today in Sports History

I totally spaced out yesterday and did not include the usual history tidbits! Oops! My apologies! I never claimed to be perfect…

1972 - US swimmer Mark Spitz becomes the first athlete to win 7 Olympic gold medals.

1981 – The longest game at Fenway Park is completed in 20 innings. Final score was Mariners 8, Red Sox 7

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yikes, 20 innings. Can you imagine that? I am usually ready to go by the ninth inning, but this must have been a really close, really exciting game.

Apryl DeLancey said...

I love long inning games when they're interesting. It's like fun that keeps going...