Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ryder Cup Fashion



I’m still amazed at how much emphasis is put on fashion in the sport of golf. I feel like I’ve written as much about what to wear in golf as the sport itself. Seriously, at times more people get upset about what someone is wearing at the course than what they are doing on the course.

The Ryder Cup competition between the US and Europe certainly brought out the fashion talk. I liked the shirts the Euro Team wore with the stripes on the back. I also liked the diamond shirts of the US Team. In addition, I found Team USA’s vested look to be quite classic. All were pretty much normal golf apparel to me. It was interesting to hear people talk about how "outrageous" or even "hideous" some of the looks were. I don’t know if I’m just missing something being in progressive Southern California or what. Let me know if you figure it out.

The PGA site has a write up about Ryder Cup fashion as does CNNSI’s Golf.com. The CNN main also ran a piece about the Ryder Cup runway. You can even get some Ryder Cup fashion of your own on eBay, albeit for quite a bit of money.

Whatever your stance on the fashion of the Ryder Cup, you likely have an opinion about how “fashionable” Boo Weekley’s club-riding antics were (see video). It was pretty funny any way you slice it.

What was your favorite Ryder Cup fashion?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha, I want to hang out with Boo Weekley. At least he adds some excitement to an often dull sport for spectators.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Totally - I love it when things get shaken up a bit!