Monday, April 26, 2010
5 Athletes I'd Love To Train With
1. Kelly Slater: Watch the video above - do I really need to explain why? The guy shreds and is in still in amazing shape and pushing 40. How could I not learn something?
2. Debi Purcell: I don't want to get in the ring and fight but I've always wanted to train with MMA pros. Debi is also in fantastic shape and in the 40 neighborhood.
3. Phil Mickelson: As a lefty golfer, I often get confused listening to rightys when they try to tell me how to hit the ball. I could listen to Phil give me some golf tips and not have this issue. In addition, he rules. Period. Count me in on Team Phil.
4. Dara Torres: See a theme here? Yep, she's also in the "older" category at over 40. But seriously, have you seen her lately? I definitely need to spend some training time with her.
5. Lisa Leslie: Sure, she's retired but I'll bet she isn't sitting around letting it all go. I would love to get some tips from her. (Yes, in her later 30's as well).
Interestingly enough, many of these folks are in or around SoCal quite a bit - especially the Los Angeles area. If I should ever be so fortunate to get any training time with any of these fantastic athletes I'd be sure to get pics, video, and plenty of info for you, dear reader!
*keep wishing for me*