Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Sports Wrap - Insanity Edition



Yeah, it is only week five of the NFL season and my picks and Fantasy teams stink so bad that I have decided to go Chuck Norris on the whole thing! Woohoo! Why not? I mean seriously...if it was easy to pick NFL game winners and Fantasy teams, we could all retire. Las Vegas and all of the bookmakers would lose everything and there would be no reason to bet/pick anymore. Since I'm stinking up the place so bad, I decided to really Rambo my picks (in bold) this week in Cuzoogle's pool (well, some aren't so far fetched):


Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals - The Bills have to lose sometime and the Cards can really pull one out of the air a few times during the year. Look for Warner to act like he's got something to prove (again) and Hightower to run in some TDs in short-yardage situations.

Tennessee Titans at Baltimore Ravens - The defensive battle will make this a low-scorer but I think the Titans are feeling the fire.

Kansas City Chiefs at Carolina Panthers - I really hate picking the Panthers but the Chiefs aren't really having a great year. I would like to be wrong on this one.

Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - Tony Dungy has to pick it up at some point and get his team in order. He won't be down for long and needs to make a statement.

San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins - Sure, the Fins handed the Pats an (AWSEOME) upset, but the Chargers mean business and have been robbed too many times already this season to let this one go.

Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions - Do I really need to explain this?

Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers - The Pack are on FIRE, the Falcons are not.

Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants - The Seahawks aren't impressing me so far this year and the Giants really seem to have it together.

Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles - This was a tough pick but I think the Eagles have had enough beating and are ready to be in winning form.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Denver Broncos - Don't get me wrong, I love Shanahan's bad attitude but the Bucs D is gonna handle business. Griese needs to prove that he can get it done for the offense and what better place to do it than his old home field.

Cincinnati Bengals at Dallas Cowboys - Carson Palmer stinks this year and may not even play. Tony Romo does not stink and can do some serious damage at home with TO and crew.

New England Patriots at San Francisco 49ers - Flame me if you want but the Pats are all done as far as I'm concerned. O'Sullivan and Gore mean business so I wouldn't assume the Pats can just waltz on in to Candlestick with the W.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Jacksonville Jaguars - This was another tough pick, but Big Ben has been getting big sacks. The Jags are due for a sweet win at home.

Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - This wasn't an easy pick but I think the Saints will use the Monday night spotlight to handle business.

5 comments:

Doret said...

Not a good week for picks. The Colts got luckys again. They could easily be 0-4. They are starting to piss me off. The Redskins had a very nice comeback. I am pretty sure Herm Edwards is a QB Jinks. His QB are always injured. Poor Chargers. Who knew the Falcons would do this good.

oh yeah congrats congrats on the Dodgers advancing. I am hoping for a Dodgers Rays final. I am loving the TBS coverage Harold Reynolds is very good.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah, I figured I'd go out on a limb and have fun with it! You only live once.

TBS has been great! Go Dodgers and Rays! I am so giddy I could burst right now!

Doret said...

Joe Torre is definitely getting the last laugh. Is Andrew Jones playing in the playoffs?

Lindsay said...

Good choice on picking the Saints over the Vikings.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Andruw Jones who? I didn't know he was still around! (*sarcasm*)


Joe Torre is the MAN!

Oh, and you should know that it is a rare thing for me to pick the Saints over anyone. I'm just goin' Rambo and you see where that has put me so far this week!