Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Surf Blogging



Interestingly enough, I have discovered that there are several surf blogs for my main surf spot. However, I never seem to meet these people that write about our favorite spot. Yes, they name it by name - even considering this is a major no-no in the surf world. Although, there is one surf blogger in particular that has a clearly elitist attitude and cites antiquated BS "rules". Even though I don't blog about where I go exactly, I would tell you to meet me there if you honestly asked and wanted to come. I know that I am skilled enough to get my share and that we should definitely share the swell and have a great time.

By the way, today was National Girls and Women in Sports Day. Although I was recovering from a lame hesitation move from yesterday and didn't actually participate in a sport today I do partake the other 5-6 days a week. Yeah, just always remember - don't hesitate! If you do you can really cause yourself some pain and a slight limp for a few days. DOH!

And just for the record, I'm also that friendly chick in the lineup that smiles and greets other women in the lineup rather than giving them attitude. Actually, I show everyone in the water much respect. I seriously believe that you should always surf with aloha and that all surfers are connected by one ocean. I won't drop in on you and I'll even let a wave go that was rightfully mine. There will be more and there is no reason for anyone to get hurt.

So I'm wondering - who out there is an elitist? What is it about you that makes you more important in the lineup than me? Go ahead, give me your best argument and tell me why. I'm all ears.

Maybe this is a bunch of babble. Maybe not. Oh well.

No comments: