Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wild World Of Wednesday - August 5, 2009



As you may have been able to tell, I've been a bit distracted over the last week or so. Actually, probably much longer than that but I'm trying to hold it all together. I'm quite grateful to be working and busy so I'll stop complaining.

Here is what has been making me laugh, scratch my head, and be generally discomforted by this week:

First, I don't care who passed wind at the Buick over the weekend. So much effort was put into finding out whether or not it was Tiger Woods that it was amazing. It just goes to show you how many people are really just five years old in their minds as scatological humor appears to bridge the generation gap.

What the heck is up with the whole Plaxico Burress shooting thing? I'm glad that they're taking a second look since it is a bit odd to shoot oneself in the leg and then have the gun mysteriously disappear.

The Dodgers still have the best record in baseball but sports media is still enamored with New York and Boston. No offense to my friends on the east coast but we REALLY get tired of hearing about those two teams here. We're really happy for you that you have these winning traditions, blah, blah, blah...but I'm seriously ready to stop watching SportsCenter.

P.S. I could also not care any less about Tom Brady. Poor guy. What a rough life.


Today In Sports History


1985
- Baseball players go on strike for two days

1999 - Mark McGwire hits home run number 500

No comments: