Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Sports Wrap - August 2, 2009



Gone Surfing:
Today's post isn't late due to my usual Sunday laziness. No, I actually got out and went surfing. The waves were small, but fun. It was a little crowded but still fun in spite of me not really catching anything. It's all good you know since a "bad" day surfing is better than a good day at work!

Tiger's Back:
Or so everyone says now that he is the Buick Open champ. The Buick has been in Michigan for 51 years but there is talk that it won't be returning. You know, all of that GM bankruptcy stuff.

Senior Star: Fred Funk won the US Senior Open today. I've been a fan of Funk's since I saw his wife caddy for him at an event. That's how me and the Mr. would be. If he was playing in some major event I would totally be his caddy. Talk about the best seat in the house!

X Games:
Kenny Brack won a gold medal in rally car racing while Travis Pastrana took the silver. Pastrana wiped out yesterday in the best trick contest for Moto X. Christian Hosoi took the Skateboard Park Legends title.

Today In Sports History


1375 - The first roller skating rink opens in London (I tried to verify this but could only find lists that say this and no story. If someone finds this is valid/invalid then let me know.)

1979
- Thurmon Munson crashes the plane he is piloting and is killed.

No comments: