Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Product Review: Gold Toe



I was recently sent a 3 pack of Gold Toe Soft Wear Liners for review - not the colorful trio depicted above but simple, classic white.  Liners are great in my opinion since they're lightweight and have a low profile.  These in particular are 96% polyester, 2% nylon, and 2% spandex.  I decided to test them out in very different conditions: skateboarding, running, and golf.  I wear a size 9-9.5 in shoes and tried out the sock size 9-11.

Skateboarding: I wore them with Vans and the fit was great.  The cut worked great to where there wasn't any rub on the back of my heel.  There was no annoying seam on the toes issues.  In fact, I didn't even notice them.  To me, that's the most telling sign of a nice fitting sock/liner: you don't even realize they're on your feet.  Therefore - skateboarding test passed!

Running: For this I tested the liners with adizero Rush running shoes.  Again, these fit so that there was none of the annoying rub against the back of my heel and no toe seam issues.  Running test - passed!

Golf: I wore the liners with a pair of Kikkor Golf shoes during a short game lesson.  Yet again, the performance met my demands and exceeded my expectations.  Golf test - passed!

Overall I would recommend this brand to others that participated in the above activities and beyond.  I did also wear the liners just out and about so I can honestly say that they are comfortable and functional for nearly every activity level.  In each condition they felt lightweight and soft.  You can get some for yourself on the Gold Toe website here where they have some other new summer offerings: the Ultra Soft Liner or the Sport Liner.

Have you tried these?  Do you have a favorite sock/liner for your sports?


No comments: