Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Always Wear Protection



I've been dog-sitting this really awesome red nose pit bull that loves to skateboard with me.  He runs and pulls me while I hold his leash.  Since I'm not a fan of getting badly hurt I always wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, jeans, and good shoes.  Maybe I look silly but I really don't care.  Although I was questioning wearing the wrist guards because it's a bit challenging to hold the leash tightly and my hands get a bit sore.

On Tuesday, Mr. Dog and I were on a morning skate.  We go about 5 miles and both love every minute of it.  I was down low with knees bent and holding on to him when we hit a puddle.  Before I knew it I was sliding on the sidewalk and Mr. Dog ran ahead a bit quite confused.  Hubby was behind me on his bicycle and had to really slam on the brakes not to hit me!  It's a good thing I wasn't standing up so I didn't have far to fall.

Luckily, those wrist guards were on.  Just as lucky, I didn't hit the pavement but slid on it.  I managed to leave the whole thing with a relatively small bruise on the hip.

We got back on the board and finished our run.

We'll be back out tomorrow morning.

The moral of the story - always wear protection.

What do you think?  Do you bother to protect yourself in your sport?

No comments: