Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

5 Questions With A High School Basketball Coach




Basketball is one of those sports I quite enjoy playing and Dorsey is one of the high schools I attended! I was excited when Sherlett Hendy, coach of the women’s hoops squad at Dorsey High School in Los Angeles took time out to answer my 5 questions:

1. What got you to be passionate about coaching basketball?
After playing at Dorsey for two years I tore my acl and was told I would never play again. Well, I did and I earned a scholarship. I went against the odds... and there my passion began...

2. Why do you think women's basketball is not as prominent as men's? What do you think it would take to get it to that level?
I believe it is and it will continue to grow! The women are getting stronger and many can dunk...on a ten foot court…

3. How important is participation in team sports for an individual’s development?
It creates a person’s social skills and develops a person to work well with others.

4. What else are you passionate about in your life?
Helping people find and understand God in their lives

5. What advice would you give to young girls who dream of being athletes?
Keep dreaming and if you believe it you can achieve it! Success is waiting!

No comments: