Monday, December 14, 2009
5 Questions About Where Golf Is Going
Golf should be fun. If golf isn't fun for you then you shouldn't play. Now I'll admit, many times I'd rather watch paint dry than watch certain golf coverage but that doesn't mean I am not a fan. I shouldn't have to suffer through another season of Big Break in order to be a fan of golf. (Seriously, who else is tired of that train wreck? I know, that's another subject.)
Plenty of people are speculating that golf will now take a serious nose dive since Mr. Number One is on an indefinite hiatus. Others are hoping for old favorites to shine. Wherever you are on the spectrum, I just want to know:
1. Were you only interested in golf because of Tiger Woods?
2. Now that Tiger is taking time off, will you stop following golf?
3. Why are you so affected by the latest developments with Tiger (if applicable)?
4. Do you think golf can "recover"?
5. Do you believe that golf has lost credibility in the public eye?
I'll still be watching Phil Mickelson, John Daly, Lorena Ochoa, and all of the other excellent golfers out there. Heck, I am counting the days until the next LA Open. I can't wait!