Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Product Review: Neocell - Collagen Sport


If you've been following my sport-related banter for the last few years you know I'm not a big fan of processed anything. I don't care if it's "natural", "organic", or even "healthy". For me, I like seeing all of the ingredients in what I ingest and I prefer to get all of my nutrients from what I eat and drink without using supplements.

I was contacted by someone at Neocell recently and they asked if I was interested in trying out their powder. I was reluctant but thought I'd give it a try. I'd been a little tired and had some decreased performance in the water lately and figured it may be worth it.

The sample I was sent was quite large and when I read the ingredients and the process I felt a little better. For about 4 days I gave it a try, mostly as a pre-surf drink. The flavor was good - not really sweet or processed and you could add it to water. I mixed it in my cocktail shaker as that seemed to work better than trying to stir it.

The thing that I like the most is that there is no gluten, sugar, or lactose. There is xylitol but it isn't overwhelming. Again, I'm really not a fan of sugars (or sugar alcohols) unless they come from fruits (or beer - haha). This powder also contains collagen, which is touted to have great health benefits.

Overall, I was satisfied with my Neocell experience. I've still got some left and will probably use it for pre-surf or pre-early morning workouts.

No comments: