Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Favorite Surf Bikini



Amazingly I found my ideal surf bikini on Amazon. Yes, without even trying it on. I'm even writing about how much I love this bikini and I was not sent one to review. Full price was paid so that should tell you just how much I like this bikini. In fact, after I bought one and realized how fantastic it was I bought another.

Triangle tops kill me. They dig into my neck and are really unpleasant after a 2 hour session. Bandeau tops don't work at all for me, there isn't near enough support. One piece suits are really difficult to deal with when you're trying to be Houdini in the parking lot (you know, not dropping your towel whilst changing).

A lovely pro surfer came out with a line that was supposed to be good for surfing. I checked them out and they're great if you're 12 years old or built like you are. Even a few ladies that I know who wear B cups said that the larges were still too small. This wasn't going to work for me.

Luckily, I found a top and bottom that work for me. Yes those links have the sizes I ordered although I probably could have done fine with a medium bottom. For reference, I'm 5'10" , about 145 lbs, and wear a size 4/5 pant and 9/10 top. My shoulders are pretty big from playing sports all these years and I'm not flat chested. No, I'm not trying to brag - just trying to give perspective for you other surf gals that are searching for a good suit.

Anyone else know of some good surf swimwear that doesn't dig into your neck or cause wardrobe malfunctions? Let me know where to find 'em!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I may have to check out the line that is great if you're built like a 12 year old if you know what I mean!

I don't think I could order a suit online, though. It's just so hard to find one that fits, I have to try it on first. I usually have to try on several before I find one that works.

Apryl DeLancey said...

You crack me up!

I got so lucky that I was able to get one without trying it on. That never happens!