Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Tweeps



Yes, it happened. I was dragged kicking and screaming to Twitter. I know there is someone reading this and smirking right now - you know who you are.

At any rate, it has been quite fun so far. It really isn't so bad. I send silly messages to personal and internet friends almost every day. One of the best parts about the medium is that you can connect and talk to big brands. Duh, this is why they do - it to connect with their target audience and build brand awareness. I was surprised at how many brands are on there giving things away to followers and how often. Some of the bigger brands I like to talk to (and that talk back to me) are:

@wnba

@espnxgames

@vokeywedges

@OGIO

There are a plethora of actual sports figures online as well. Ian Poulter, Morgan Pressel, Christina Kim, John Daly, and Stewart Cink are are probably the tweetingest pro golfers out there.

Tony Hawk always seems to be tweeting quite regularly and was giving a bunch of swag away last week. Shawne Merriman is always talking about his workout and other everyday things. Project X Golf gave away shafts, hats, and shirts every day for quite a few days. ESPN X Games has been giving away tickets and other X Games 15 prizes. FunOutfitters has trivia contests very regularly and offers discounts on their merchandise.

Of course, there is a giant group of golf, surf, skate, and ski buddies on there that I exchange messages with all the time - too many to list here. I also have my football, baseball, and basketball buds. Then there are the Los Angeles locals. Yeah, too many categories to list. Seriously, everyone and every activity is represented.

It's pretty fun. Go take a look.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Twitter is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. I have to admit I actually like Twitter as well, but I have not always felt that way! I like it best as a branding tool.

Apryl DeLancey said...

I most definitely didn't always feel warm and fuzzy about it either. You're right, it is a good branding tool. I'm always amazed at how accessible many major brands are trying to be now.