Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

This Is Not My Week...



...but this IS my blog so I can cry if I want to. Well, I am not actually crying tears but simply whining. I've been working like crazy (which I am grateful for) but I am so tired. In addition, there have been some really challenging projects.

I tried to actually take a lunch break yesterday and buy another surfboard. I've got a 6'8" and I really want to add something that is at least 7'2" to the quiver. A colleague sent me a link to a 7'4" funboard that looked like it would fit the bill. She is looking for a similar setup. Both of us want to practice a bit more and then find an awesome local shaper to make us each a very nice investment.

We took off for lunch to meet up with the company selling the funboards. They had at least 2 in stock and the price was right. Well, we had such an education yesterday. I didn't realize that nowadays people take a piece of foam, encase it in some clear coat, and call it a surfboard. Ouch. We stopped at another shop close to the water and found the same thing, only more expensive. Not only could you see a ton of flaws, warps, and other imperfections but they felt like any wave over ankle high would snap them in half. Bummer.

My search for another board at a reasonable price continues. Luckily, I do have one to use and my colleague spotted a sweet used deal that will get her in the water. We'll be hitting the beach this weekend.

Oh, and speaking of surfing - check out Shayne McIntyre tonight in Encinitas for a screening of two On Surfari episodes. There is also a killer raffle with giveaways from all of Shayne's sponsors.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Have a great time at the beach this weekend! I hope to get out in the water this weekend as well. I don't think I'll be surfing, though...

Apryl DeLancey said...

Thanks, have fun anyways!