Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh No, Not Winslow



Okay, I know Kellen Winslow is an excellent NFL tight end. I also know that he is high maintenance and is injured quite a bit. I guess I just don't understand the choice that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made to take him on. Yeah sure, he's no T.O. Well, at least he isn't like that quite yet. Still., I can't seem to get his rookie season out of my head.

Speaking of hard to swallow moves, the Buccaneers also released Derrick Brooks. I still get that silly song in my head from that commercial he did a few years back. "Who's my favorite player? Mr. Derrick Brooks", sang ever so sarcastically by a group of unenthusiastic children. Another memory that comes to mind is the last game he played in that I was present for up in San Francisco. We were seated at one of the end zones and some 49ers fans from a few rows up started talking trash to him as he stretched. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was to tell him that he was a bad player and that he would certainly make the hall of fame someday. At any rate, seeing him in a uniform other than the Bucs will be difficult. I'm hoping he retires and goes in the booth.

Finally, I will also miss Warrick Dunn, Ike Hilliard, and Joey Galloway from the Bucs roster. Yes, I know Galloway has had a difficult time making catches in many situations and Dunn has been back and forth on the team.

What do you think about recent moves in the NFL?

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I was devastated when I heard about Brooks.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yes, very hard to deal with!