Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Celebrity Apprentice and Celebrity Fitness



Lately the inbox has been filling with celebrity news that ties in to sports. I'm really not much of a stargazer and don't usually include "celebirty" news in my posts. In fact, I am one of the only one of my colleagues that has seen exactly none of the movies that are up for an Academy Award this year. See? Los Angeles natives are not a bunch of shallow, affected, celebrity chasers! We're sports lovers too! At any rate, I couldn't resist sharing these gems with you that I was alerted to:

Celebrity Apprentice: This edition of The Apprentice has your usual B,C, and D-list "reality" stars mixed in with sports figures. I was quite surprised to see LPGA golf pro Natalie Gulbis in the cast. Perhaps her involvement will bring more attention to the LPGA? Also included are figure skating champ Scott Hamilton, NFL great Herschel Walker, the ubiquitous Dennis Rodman, and a colorful cast of comedians, musicians, and others. The celebs each play the game for a charity of their choice. You can find more videos like the one of Natalie above by clicking here.

Celebrity Fitness: Fitness Magazine has a new list out that gives you celebrity workout plans. Abby Wambach, star forward of the U.S. Women's Soccer Team is included as is a piece about what it takes to be an Olympian from a skeleton slider, cyclist, and gymnast. Below is a video from Fitness Magazine to get you started that works your abs and obliques.

4 comments:

Doret said...

Did you see that Jockeys are getting a reality show. Nothing against Jockeys but really. I won't be watching celebrity apprentice

Apryl DeLancey said...

I saw that! Yep, everyone is getting a show now, heh?

Lindsay said...

I haven't seen any of the movies that were nominated for best picture either. I couldn't even tell you what most of them are about.

I like Fitness Magazine's idea of showing olympic workouts. Although their workouts are usually like 4-8 hours of their day and impossible for most of us, I still think it's interesting to read about what they do.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah, if I had 4-6 hours to work out and get in that sort of great shape I would totally be there. Unfortunately, work gets in the way of fitness and sports for me!