Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Product Review Part One: Growth Factor-9


I was recently sent some Growth Factor-9 to try out.  If you know me, you know I'm not one for supplements, especially ones of this sort that promise lean muscle growth, fat loss, etc.  So what is it all about?


How Does Growth Factor-9™ Work?
The functional compound in Growth Factor-9 is an amino acid blend. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and therefore a common and very safe component of the daily diet. But this revolutionary research revealed that a specialized blend of amino acids, when taken on an empty stomach, has a profound effect on the human body. And that effect is on the pituitary gland, where human growth hormone is secreted. Dr. Amy Heaton, PhD, Director of Scientific Affairs for Novex Biotech®, explains, “We believe this is the basis of Growth Factor-9’s efficacy, because after taking its proprietary amino acid blend, study subjects experienced a 682% increase in their serum growth hormone levels. This is a completely groundbreaking discovery, because it shows that people can increase their serum hGH levels more naturally… without having to resort to an artificial form of human growth hormone like prescription injections.”


Who Can Use Growth Factor-9™?
Many so-called “hGH” pills are marketed strictly for men between the ages of 18-30 (which is ironic, considering that young males are already at the peak of their natural production of hGH). But here’s the breakthrough with Growth Factor-9: Its active amino acid blend works not only for young males, but has been shown in clinical trials to be effective even on middle aged men and women. Growth Factor-9 works on young and old, male and female, across the board

I started taking these for 2 days but then got a really bad cold (not from the pills) and stopped.  Now I've picked it back up for just over a week now.  Religiously.  These have to be taken on an empty stomach so I keep them on the nightstand so that I assure to get them in 2 hours before breakfast and 2 hours after dinner.

So far I'm not sure if I see anything, it's probably too soon.  Although - when I did get back in the water  to surf after being sick I felt a bit stronger in my paddling.  In fact, yesterday I paddled quite a long ways and was winded before I was sore.  I'm not really even sore today.  I'm  not sure if that's the placebo effect or if the product is actually working but time will soon tell.  I'm excited to see the results, hopefully it delivers!

FYI - my workouts are surf for 1-2 hours in the morning and then run/bike or both for an hour in the evening.

You can Growth Factor-9 on the web here.

I'll update my progress for you when I'm on the second bottle.

No comments: