Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Sports Wrap – March 16, 2008



In my quest to relay to the world that other sports exist on Sundays other than the NFL I have found my job to be quite easy this week! Yeah, it’s SELECTION SUNDAY! I’ll keep this short so you can get to your bracket strategies!

Other stuff to watch today:

Tiger Woods came back from seven under to be at the top of the pile at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. He’s tied for the lead so it will be a good round of golf to watch him try to claw his way to the win.

Manchester City vs. Tottenham in Premier League Soccer – tied at nil as I write this

Today in sports history:

1991 – Tonya Harding wins gold medal in US figure skating championship. In spite her famous scandal, she has been allowed to retain this honor but not the title won in 1994.

1996- Mike Tyson TKO’d Frank Bruno for the WBC heavyweight championship

No comments: