Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fitness Check In



Some of you may recall that at the beginning of the year I decided to join some of my Twitter peeps in the TTUC (Twitter Trim Up Challenge). My goals boiled down to strength and endurance.

I'm delighted to report that my endurance is really remarkable. My recovery time is way, way down also. For example, I had a surf session yesterday that had a bit of a current so I was nearly paddling non-stop. A year ago I would be incredibly sore today. Now I'm only a tad creaky! In addition, I can totally stay out for 2 and 3 hour sessions with no problem. Hopefully they have the Haunted Heats competition this year because I am ready to take that first place trophy!

Also during this year I've had illness both help and hinder my progress. I mean help as it's taken off extra flabby spots and now my arms and shoulders look incredibly cut (hooray!). The hindrance comes when I get worn out easily. The latter is pretty much over for now and I hope it stays that way.

Now to work on that golf game. I'm not that bad these days. A proud "socially acceptable" golfer. I'm not far away from the driving distance I want.

Tell me how your fitness routine is going...if you're still following it!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

At least when I'm sick it gives my body some time to rest. It's just about the only time I can force myself to take it easy. I hope it was the same for you.

real girl sport said...

All sounds very positive! My routine has been way cut back from illness this year - since January. So I'm at the recovery stage now which means Pilates and walking. Not a lot of adrenaline but great to see some progress!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Lindsay - yep, I've had a BUNCH of rest.

Niamh - hooray for progress, good for you!