Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wild World of Wednesday - October 14, 2009



Yes, It Does:
For those of you in parts of the world that have inclement weather you'll be happy to know that we are right there with you. I know misery loves company so I figured I would share. Although it is still over sixty degrees here and I'm sure we'll be back to the 70s and sunny in the next week or so.

Help An Athlete Out: Women's football camps are starting up and I came across an athlete yesterday that needs a hand to participate. Check out Wendi's blog and her quest for donations to attend camp and take her game to the next level. If you are able, why not shoot her a donation?

Remember, women's football is one of those sports that the athletes must pay to play. This is the case for many professional minor league sports. Those of us who shell out money for our favorite pastimes can relate.

SO EXCITED:
Seriously, I can hardly contain myself about the NLCS. The Dodgers are on fire and I am cautiously optimistic. Heck, after what I saw in game two I am nearly convinced. Who wouldn't be after seeing their team come back in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs? I'm still buzzing about it!

Oh, and let me just take a moment to be nasty and spiteful about one thing - all of you Philly transplants that so conveniently "scored tickets" to MY hometown team stadium to root for your team can bite me. You're the posers that wear Dodgers jerseys during the regular season and come late, leave early, and call that the Los Angeles culture. *clueless*

Whew, that was nasty...now back to a less sarcastic, gentler me...

Today In Sports History

1979 - NHL's greatest scorer Wayne Gretzky scores his first NHL goal

1986 - IOC decides to stagger Winter and Summer Olympic schedule

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hope Wendy gets enough support. I can relate with marathon entry fees, rugby team and union dues, travel costs, etc.

We've already had temps in the 20s and snow! That's not normal even for us!

Apryl DeLancey said...

Me too - I'm gonna have her on for an interview soon!