Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Thank You Dodgers - Now Finish 'Em



Dear Los Angeles Dodgers,

Thank you so much for the epic win yesterday. As I stood there in the Loge level in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs I thought it was over. I had been there so many times before. Sure enough, a pop fly was headed right over to Matt Holliday. Ugh. He was the one who scored the first run for the Cards. Darn it.

But wait! HE DROPPED IT! Are you kidding? He freaking dropped it!

The rest is a blur. I'm on my feet with several thousand of my fellow Dodgers fans. We are freaking out. My hands are starting to sting from clapping so much.

Next thing I know the score is tied, wait...the bases are loaded...oh WOW...what the...

DODGERS WIN!!

I'm high-fiving and hugging complete strangers. The roar is deafening. I can hardly breathe but it is a good thing. Finally, we hear Randy Newman...

I walk to the exit and the high-fives, hugs, and camaraderie continue all the way to the car.

I live for moments like this.

Thank you.

Now let's close it out. I'm starting to believe the team can take it all the way!

GO BLUE!

Sincerely,
A Less Cynical, Lifelong Fan

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh that poor man who dropped the ball...

Doret said...

Much congrats of a very sweet this is why I love this game comeback
Beautiful.

And you were there very very cool. I hope you saved your ticket.
How long did it take you to get down from your high and go to sleep?

I don't have a team in the playoffs, so I will go ahead and pull for your Dodger Blue.

Joe Torre deserve a chance to have the last laugh.

Apryl DeLancey said...

@Lindsay - yeah, now people will say "don't do a Matt Holliday". Watching it live was amazing. I really thought he had it and that was the end of the game.

@Doret - Thanks! Yeah! I do have my ticket but it's an email ticket so it isn't as cool. In fact, we were discussing that on the way in.