Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spring And Summer Women's Golf Apparel From Antigua



It's that time again ladies!  Yes, it's time to get some cute new golf clothes for the warmer weather!  I was sent some samples from Antigua to review.  As you know, when I'm not at the beach being Surf Betty then I'm on the golf course as much as possible.  When I play, it's usually the full 18 with some friends of mine that also love the game (and love a good time).  It's important that what I wear is not only comfortable, but also does not inhibit my game.  Looking good is a definite plus as well.

I tried out a few pieces and here's how they worked for me:

Lyric sleeveless polo (above): I was a bit worried that this would make my surfer shoulders look huge because of the cut.  Not so!  The fit is not only flattering but I don't look like a linebacker in it.  The feel is quite comfortable and I move really well in this.  The design doesn't interfere with my golf swing at all and the armholes aren't tight at all and aren't up too high like a lot of sleeveless polos that I've seen.  Adding an inch or two to the length is the only thing I would change to this piece, but then again I am 5'10" so the length works great for most all of the golfing ladies I know.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not showing off stomach at the end of my swing or anything and it won't stop me from wearing it.  The details:  100% polyester Desert Dry™ Xtra-Lite D2XL moisture management jersey yarn-dye pattern stripe sleeveless polo with 5-button placket, solid insets and flat knit collar and armholes.   The Antigua branding is at the back yoke.



Adore short sleeve polo (above):  Another cute cut (look at that neckline!) with a great fit.  Easy to move in, breathable and light, this really looks great on.  Again, this doesn't interfere with my swing and is so comfy.  The name really says it all for me, I adore this top.  Really, both of these pieces are so effortlessly stylish.  The details:  100% polyester Desert Dry™ Xtra-Lite D2XL moisture management jacquard mesh pattern knit short sleeve polo with contrast color keyhole placket with single button closure, contrast cover stitch detail and tipped flat knit collar and cuffs.  The Antigua branding at the back yoke.


Entice skort: I can't rave about this skort enough.  I absolutely love the stretchy, easy to move in fabric.  Even better is the length!  I love how it doesn't look like I'm wearing a micro-mini like others that I have tried.  The cut will look great on a variety of sizes.  The fabric moves really well and - again - doesn't interfere with my game.  The details: 96% polyester/4% spandex Desert Dry™ moisture management woven satin twill stretch woven under short, hook/eye and zipper side seam closure, back slit, front hip pockets and right back welt pocket.

The word from this company is that, “Antigua has always wanted to appeal to the average female golf customer.  Our last few collections have been extremely successful in that sense, so why would we want to mess with success?” says Danielle Dellios, Antigua’s Women’s Senior Designer. “…by offering an updated color assortment & fresh looking styling we can continue to be current without going overboard”.  I agree - these styles appeal to the 'average female golf customer" and to hardcore surfers that golf a lot like me!

Here's a few more pics of some of the latest in the collection:


You can check out these styles and more at the Antigua website.

No comments: