Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Art Of The Fan Review



Are you ready for some fantasy football? Yes, it is already that time of year. As you go to your fantasy drafts you now have fashion to match the event. Enter Art Of The Fan.

Corey Robertson and his wife came up with the idea for this obsessive pastime after a "discussion". In his own words he says,

"I'm a web/graphic designer that's been absolutely obsessed with sports since my early teens. My wife is also a designer that's had to live with my sports obsession for over 10 years now. Fantasy football took things to a whole new level, for me. I first played fantasy football in 1998 and made it to the championship game before losing but that got me hooked.

I've always had an interest in t-shirt and apparel design but struggled to come up with a concept that I was passionate about that wasn't being over represented in the t-shirt market already.

Finally, after a nice "discussion" with my wife about the amount of time I spent managing my various fantasy teams, we did some research and decided to use this fantasy inspired line as a way to get into the t-shirt biz.

The company started prior to the 2008 season and I actually didn't participate in any fantasy leagues last year so that we could devote our time to getting the company going.

Art of the Fan will look to have fun and explore things that people become fanatical and obsessive over. For me, fantasy football is something that I obsess and spend way too much time on; but it's a lot of fun. We're looking to create different lines of t-shirts that are sometimes funny, sometimes subtle but are always looking at unique ways examine various sports and entertainment related topics.

We're still coming up with ideas for what's next. The focus will be on fantasy football through the end of the year. I'm sure you'll see more crowd inspired designs along the way, similar to what we have on our current signature tee.

My wife and I may end up going back and forth on things that one of us likes that the other just doesn't "get". We're definitely going to have fun with this.I hope you enjoy the current line of fantasy inspired t-shirts. We'll update the site with new designs throughout the season."

This is the "about" section from the website:

"Art of the fan is a concept-driven graphic apparel line that takes inspiration from things that have the power to turn people into fanatics. Over time, we will cover subjects that include music, movies, food, pop culture fads, and more. The designs are inspired by hand drawn artistic elements and hand-written typefaces with a touch of splattered paint.

We're a small team with big plans and lots of determination, so expect lots of growth and expansions from Art of the Fan in the years to come.

Art of the Fan has quickly become the #1 source for fantasy football t-shirts, gifts and merchandise. Use this site as your "cheatsheet" for gift ideas for the fantasy sports obsessed. Our site is constantly being updated with shirt designs about all things fantasy.

In additon to being great gift ideas for sports fans, our shirts can also be used as fantasy football league prizes."

I've got the black "signature" tee and definitely like it. The design is printed on a high-quality shirt that has a nice feel. The company doesn't have a women's cut in this design right now so I've got the men's small. I do notice that they have the "Fantasy Football Widow" design in a women's cut and I imagine there will be others. I've only downloaded a few of the designs in the slideshow - check the site for many more.

The company has a contest going on to give away their signature design tee. Enter here until Thursday, September 10.

Check out Art Of The Fan for your obsessed fans (or yourself).

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You know, that's a great idea. I'm not a Fantasy Football fan, but so many people are. And those who are really into it, take it so seriously! I think we all know more than a few Fantasy Football fans ...

I'll have to pass this along!

Apryl DeLancey said...

They'll be getting my business all season for sure!