Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

5 Questions With You – The Results



Last month I decided to interview you, the readers. First, you should know that I really appreciate the fact that you stop in and take the time to read my spot on the Internet. I absolutely love when I get comments and emails, so keep them coming! With that, I wanted to know even more about you. Who is reading my posts? Thank you all for your answers, even the more colorful ones. In the interest of preserving my G-rating, those will be our little private communications. Here are three of your responses so far:

First up is Lindsay from That Mutt: A Dog Blog. She’s been a guest on this site in the past and so graciously volunteered again:

1. What sports can you absolutely not live without?
I can't live without rugby. I also can't live without running.

2. What athlete has inspired you the most?
I admire female athletes who have made a difference in their sport for future generations, such as Roberta Gibb. Gibb snuck into the 1966 Boston Marathon when women were not allowed in the race. She finished with an unofficial time of 3:21.25.

3. Do you play any sports? If so, which? If not, what would you like to try?

I ran with a marathon training group last winter. Other than that, I can't wait until I am on a rugby team again, but I have to wait until I move to an area that has a team. I want to try surfing and adventure racing.

4. What do sports mean to you? What do they add to your life?
I am a competitive person, but not many people realize that about me. Through sports I'm able to compete, even if I'm just secretly racing against the guy next to me on a treadmill. But I always have a goal in mind. Right now I'm preparing for a half marathon. I also want to break my fastest mile time. These goals help keep me motivated to work out and stay in shape. Yet, I'm competing with myself at the same time. It really keeps me in a better mood. I am not a pleasant person to be around if I haven't worked out.

5. Other than sports, what are other things you enjoy?

Writing, reading, hanging out with my boyfriend and my dog. I love traveling and backpacking, making fun of my cat and playing games.


Next up is Jen. She asked that she only be identified as such.

1. What sports can you absolutely not live without?
Golf and surfing! Oh yeah, and baseball. And basketball. I really just can’t live without sports, period.

2. What athlete has inspired you the most?
Billie Jean King! She not only spoke up for women in sports, she also proved that women can successfully compete against men.

3. Do you play any sports? If so, which? If not, what would you like to try?
I golf and surf every chance there is. I would like to play in a softball league again also but have not had the opportunity. One of these days, I’m going to take up sailing as well so that I can be in a regatta!

4. What do sports mean to you? What do they add to your life?

Sports add the cherry to my sundae. I know that sounds corny, but I just can’t imagine life without baseball on the television and golf clubs in the trunk. Sports for me are relaxing and heart-pumping all at once. I surf several times a week throughout the year and I also couldn’t imagine if this was not part of my life. Surfing gives me a rush and serenity and helps keep me in top shape.

5. Other than sports, what are other things you enjoy?
You mean there is something else? Actually I enjoy a good book, Chinese food, and good hair days.


Finally, Bob was kind enough to respond to my interrogation. Bob is a surfer that gets interrupted by his work at a major studio in the area.

1. What sports can you absolutely not live without?

Surfing, Dodgers baseball, and soccer.

2. What athlete has inspired you the most?
I would have to say Magic Johnson. To announce to the world that you have HIV at a time when it was largely misunderstood was remarkable.

3. Do you play any sports? If so, which? If not, what would you like to try?

I surf, surf, and surf. I wish there was more time to surf.

4. What do sports mean to you? What do they add to your life?
Sports are basically an escape. Whether I am at a Dodgers game or out in the water, I am transformed from daily life. For that period of time there are no deadlines, phones, emails, or anything else in my way. Without sports, I’d probably go insane.

5. Other than sports, what are other things you enjoy?
I’m a pretty big movie buff – sports and action flicks mostly. The films you list on your site are also among my favorite and I can’t wait for the new Indiana Jones!


If you missed the first post, check it out here. If you still want to add your two cents, shoot me an email and I’ll post more from you, the audience on another Monday. Thanks to everyone that responded!

No comments: