Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wild World of Wednesday - April 23, 3008



Can I first just point out that the Los Angeles Lakers play Game 2 against the Denver Nuggets tonight? I’m giddy as can be that they not only won on Sunday, but looked good doing it. More on this subject on Friday…

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Dodgers are stinking up the place. What is with these people getting fat contracts to come here and then doing nothing? Yeah, I’m complaining about Andruw Jones again. The good news as I mentioned before is that it will be easier to get tickets. Somehow I knew the frustration would return…

I’m not a racing fan, but I have to congratulate Danica Patrick for winning her first race. There are definitely mixed reactions to her victory around the blogosphere

The Champions League is down to the semi-finals. In the first leg, Chelsea v. Liverpool ended up as a 1-1 tie. The second leg will be on the 30th. Manchester United face off against Barcelona today and will have the second leg on the 29th. Let me guess, we won’t be able to get it televised here…as usual. Man U’s Cristiano Ronaldo is the top scorer in the League so far with seven goals.

Last year’s Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks have been eliminated in the first round. So much for a reapeat.

Of course, I can’t let this post go by without talking about the NFL draft. Analysts have beaten this poor dead horse into paper-thin road kill. Now that the Miami Dolphins have signed Jake Long, the mystery of the very first pick of the draft is gone. This move also made carefully written commentary on why Chris Long should be chosen first useless. Even Mel Kiper Jr. didn’t fare so well when he was predicting what Miami would do all the way back in January. I’m not saying that I could do any better in trying to analyze who should be drafted in the first round. I haven’t posted once about mock draft predictions. I’m also no fun in Las Vegas as I don’t spend much time gambling.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was happy Danica Patrick won. But, I agree with some others. Too bad she had to make a name for herself by taking her clothes off. She has tons of male fans, but they will never take her seriously. Oh well, I guess she looks good, and she's probably happy.

Apryl DeLancey said...

Yeah - that old double-edged sword!